Personal Health Choices Big Book explores what are healthy choices and what are unhealthy choices. It provides teachers and students with an opportunity to read about and discuss the choices students make every day.
The big book looks at:
- eating nutritious foods — choosing different foods from the five food groups
- exercising regularly
- avoiding risky activities — including looking at the health effects of drugs, smoking, alcohol and caffeine
- the environment and how it can impact on our health
- some illnesses students might deal with
- who influences our decisions.